Fehlbergs' Reuben Sandwich
Try our version of the classic New York Reuben Sandwich.
- 500 g Fehlbergs Pickled Sandwich Stackers
- 1/2 cup egg mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 thick slices of continental rye bread
- 400 g sliced pastrami or corned beef
- 1 1/12 cup sauerkraut warmed
- American mustard for serving, optional
- Fehlbergs Whole Cucumbers for serving
- Fehlbergs Pickled Onions for serving
- Reserve 12 Fehlbergs Pickled Sandwich Stackers, finely chop the rest and mix together with mayonnaise, sour cream, ketchup, and Worcestershire to make the dressing.
- Butter bread slices on one side and toast under a hot grill on the buttered side.
- Turn over, spread with dressing, and top with cheese.
- Grill until cheese melts.
- Top 6 slices with pastrami, sauerkraut, reserved Sandwich Stackers, and a squeeze of mustard.
- Sandwich together with remaining grilled bread and serve with Fehlbergs baby cucumbers and pickled onions.